Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Jon's email to his wife.

So Jon wrote this email to me today, after a very stressful morning racing to the airport, he told me not to post this, but I couldn't resist, my husband is so funny sometimes! Read it with an open mind, he is a great person.


Things I would post if I could on our page, but I won’t.

While sitting in the SLC airport, I finally realized while they still keep pay phones around. The bank of six phones in concourse C has been filled by Mormon Missionaries. It was almost as if those phones were water to a thirsty deer in the forest. They stand there, just licking it all up, clinching their thirst for some sort of electronic communication.

There is a young female missionary behind me, worried about her companion. Her companion has obviously left to take a dump. The young companion feels to different without her companion. “It’s so weird.

Then there is the older couple to my right, just finshing up a 2-year mission in Orem. They’ve logged like 21,000 names into the family history records.

Gosh, what a wonderful morning in the bubble.

Love you, I hope you laugh

No comments: