Friday, February 3, 2012

My Aunt's Funeral





























So I am finally sharing these photos with you. I have had them in my saved box for quite some time. I would like to share a sweet personal story.
Dreams I feel are an access to those who have gone before us.

You know what it's like to wake up in the middle of the night with a vivid dream? And you know that if you don't have a pencil and pad by the bed, it will be completely gone by the next morning. Sometimes it's important to wake up and stop dreaming.
When a really great dream shows up, grab it.


Larry Page, University of Michigan Commencement Address, 2009
 
This morning I woke up remembering what I just dreamt. I was holding Catherine in my arms, walking down a hallway of some sort. I then looked to my left and saw some familiar faces. They were sitting on a bench, reminisent of a temple setting. I was walking by and set Catherine down and she ran to who I immediatley recognized who was my mom. I then looked around and saw my Aunt Marilee, she was dressed in a beautiful purple blazer with a floral skirt and white tights and white shoes. She was the way she looked when she was happy and healthy, about 20 years ago. She then waved at me and said, "Hi Kenzie! I am doing fine." I then started to cry. I looked to the right of her and saw my Grandmother, smiling at me and holding Catherine. Sitting next to her was my Grandpa. It felt peaceful and warm.
I love my husband beyond words, and I have always wanted to know what my Grandma would think of him. So I asked her, "What do you think of Jon Grandma?" She replied, "I love him." And that was it.
The rest of the dream I remember felt so real. Since my Aunt's, death the only thing I have wanted is to talk to her see how she is and tell her how much I love her. I finally got to see her, she is well and perfect now.
Until we meet again.

1 comment:

Toni Marie said...

I'm so sorry about your aunt..but dreams can be fantastic answers to prayers. fYI--mer's hair is sooooo long!! I haven't seen her w/long hair in years! I almost didn't recognize her; i like it!