Wednesday, November 17, 2010

And Bob has his own day!

Well, it's official, my Dad, Catherine's grandpa (I mean Bob) has his own day now. November 16, 2010 in Ogden, UT is Robert A. Hunter Day.

Jon, Catie and I went to the City Council meeting last night to see him 'sworn' in as honorary Mayor for Christmas Village and they also ended up giving him a plaque that announced the big news. It was a surprise and pretty awesome, he is so deserving of it and has given so much time. Pretty weird that the man who signed the declaration was the same man who won the Mayoral race against my dad back in 1999. Needless to say it was pretty neat, and well deserving for such a selfless man.

Much love for my father, and I am so proud to have named our daughter after him, Catherine-Bob.

In his acceptance speech he mentioned his granchildren, (who will be accompanying him in the Christmas parade float) his four other GrandBobs are uniquely named after him as well, Isabella-Bob, Maxwell-Bob, Grace-Bob and Cormick-Bob.

WE LOVE OUR BOB!






1 comment:

The Kaspers of Logan said...

Sweet, our tax dollars at work : )
Happy BOB day!